The 27 towers that were demolished were lattice type of varying heights 32m to 94m the average being 55m, the towers supported the aerial arrays strung between the pylons, some having more than one array attached, these arrays were tensioned by hanging concrete weights & direct ties to the ground, pylons were anchored to the concrete plinths by bolts.
Client: Semesco Co. Ltd
Contract: Demolition & Dismantle
Contract start/end date: 6 Months
Total project value: $1,000,000.00
Scope of Works
The procedure that was adopted was felling, with a provisional felling sequence using a Liebherr 944 & 960 tracked excavator for a controlled collapse, prior to this checks were made on all masts to ensure all masts were climbable, climbers had to determine that the ladders or access routes on the towers were secure, before we could fit pulling ropes, feeder cables & supports were removed,
Flame cutting was used to prepare the towers & strict control measures were put in place regarding the exclusion zone for felling, Site Managers ensured the exclusion area was clear & a horn was used to signify when felling was due to commence.
As with any contract completed, the project manager issued the client with all the relevant documentation:
- Demolition drawings (superimposed over footprint of the site)
- All service capping locations
- All services that remain in the ground on completion of project
- Other uncovered structures/ apparatus discovered during foundation removal
- Location of adjoining structures
- Completed construction phase plan
- Copies of all risk assessments and method statements (final revisions)