All works were carried out within a live 24/7 dockyard, with a live conveyor system operating adjacent to the cranes.
Over 2,500 tonnes of metal were removed for processing & segregation.
Client: Tarragona Port Authority
Contract: Crane Dismantling
Contract Start/End: 14 Weeks
Contract Value: £500,000.00
Scope of Works
- Dismantling of 5 no. ship to shore coal cranes.
- Protection of live conveyor systems.
- Dismantling carried out utilising 650 tonne heavy lift crane + 100t man basket crane along with hot-cutting techniques.
- Processing of scrap metal utilising excavators, grab, shear & magnet attachments.
- Dismantling included heavy crane lifts over a live conveyor system located adjacent to the crane. This required careful planning & protection of the live conveyor system.
- Works being carried out within a live dockyard.
- No accidents other than first aid were recorded.
- The project was completed within the specified timescale.
- Approximately 98% of materials from the operation were recycled.
- Consumable usage was as predicted, but with increased flame cutting, due to the thickness of the structural sections.
- Environmental controls were always in place & maintained.