Works were carried out for International Process Plants (IPP) who are a global supplier of complete used process plants, equipment, a number of tanks, vessels and other plant, this required careful recovery.
Project challenges included: minimising Environmental impact played a key role throughout the project, ensuring employees and neighbouring properties were protected throughout and ensuring the careful removal of plant/equipment being retained by the client.
Client: IPP Europe
Contract: Decontamination, demolition, asbestos removal and site remediation
Contract Start/End: 2018-2019
Total Project Value: £1,500,000.00
Scope of Works
The various works included:
- Removal of non-notifiable asbestos containing materials.
- Careful recovery of tanks, vessels and other plant to be retained by the client. These works included the use of a 300t heavy lift crane operated by a specialist sub-contractor.
- Demolition and deconstruction of various steel structures across site including the removal of various tanks, vessels, condensers and other plant/equipment. Works were carried out using our demolition excavators fitted with various attachments including hydraulic shear, magnet and grab.
- Complete site remediation including breaking out concrete slabs, crushing all waste arisings, turnover of the top 1m of ground, removal of relic foundations and backfill with crushed site won material.
- TDS employed a specialist environmental consultant who had a continuous site presence throughout the works. Any suspect material discovered during site remediation was transferred to a specially created ‘bunded’ area for further analysis.
- GPS was used to mark up any below ground obstructions that would remain upon completion. This information if essential for future development of the site.