For this particular project TDS utilised the world’s first ever auto programmable electronic hot shot detonation system, blowing down two pairs of twenty story blocks, each fifty-five metres high reducing them to forty-four tonnes of reinforced concrete and masonry in a matter of seconds.
All residents locally were evacuated and accommodated for the duration of the works. Throughout this period of evacuation, local housing association teams double checked all properties at risk to ensure complete & thorough evacuation.
Contract: Explosive Demolition of Tower Blocks
Client: GHA Glasgow Housing Association
Start/End Date: 2011 – 2012
Total Project Value: £2,000,000.00
This was a critically tight urban spaced project as the four, twenty story blocks were situated only eight metres from the Network rail London to Edinburgh railway line, this was temporarily out of use whilst the work took place, we chose to complete this project at night, to try to avoid as little inconvenience as possible.
As with any contract completed, TDS will issue the client with all the relevant & necessary documentation:
- All demolition drawings, superimposed over footprint of the site
- All service capping locations
- All live services that remain on completion of project
- Other uncovered structures/ apparatus discovered during foundation removal
- Location of adjoining structures
- Completed construction phase plan
- Copies of all risk assessments and method statements, final revision